Invest in yourself. Make an appointment today.
Student consultations cover:
- Starting and working on assignments
- Writing in U.S. American academic English
- Cultural questions and comparisons
- Prioritizing Information in the U.S.
- Learning vocabulary
- Reading effectively
- Speaking fluently
- Improving grammar usage
- Connecting with an advocate
Faculty consultations cover topics such as:
- Engaging a changing classroom demographic
- Facilitating learning for all students in ways that are especially critical to English language learners’ success
- Communicating more effectively
- Discussing revisions to classroom and departmental policies
Appointments meet in the English Language Learner Center offices located on the 1st floor of the NEW Student Success Center at 738 S. Mason Street, Harrisonburg, VA, 22807, or via Skype.
Faculty appointments can also be conducted over the phone.
Questions? Contact us!